Questions to Ponder:
1. Why do so few people really enjoy their jobs?
2. Why is it so hard to earn money doing things you really enjoy?
3. Does our education system preclude people from finding out that they would be happy doing garbage collecting type jobs?
4. Why do we have to earn money?
5. Why do we need to own an apartment/house?
6. Why do we need a scooter or car?
7. What is the point of a college education? Does it really lead to an improved life?
8. Does the investment in bushibans and education really improve people’s lives?
[Consider the difference between schooling and learning.]
9. Taiwan has entered an era of real prosperity, full of name-brand clothes and automobiles, and access to an amazing array of consumer goods, both locally made and imported.
10. Does this make Taiwan a better place?
11. Does this make Taiwan a happier place?
12. Do you agree that the more money you have, the better off you are?
Why work?Turn Off, Tune Out, Drop In: A Simple Living Primer