工作室裡面有甚麼?

人和人之間的界限

這次我們討論人和人之間的界限

-I think we are taught to sacrifice ourself, a lot, a lot more than taking care of ourselves.
-Can you explain 'sacrifice yourself'?

-Like, you just let other people do what they want first, and then, or if there is not enough food for all of us, then you just let other people eat first, and then consider, we just put ourselves on the back burner.
-I think that's what considerate people do, that's just being considerate.
-But there is a lot of Chinese old story like, for example, there's a little boy, he has an older brother, and if there is two apples, one is smaller and one is bigger...
-It's not apple! It's pear!
-....yes, sorry! There are two pears, you should choose the smaller one, because you should sacrifice yourself, and you...
-But you know I think that's ridiculous, it means just because you popped out first you always get the bigger bit? It's ridiculous, because then the younger ones always don't get enough, they get malnourished, and how is this a good thing?
-But when we are just a kid, there is a lot of strange weird stories, to educate us to be respectful of others or so.
-Like the kid with the mosquitos!
-And why didn't he just kill the mosquitos?
-Yes, there were so many other solutions!
-There were too many to kill?
-No, it's possible, you know, my family is really good at killing mosquitos.
-Maybe they [family in the story] were vegetarians.
-Wait, mosquitos are all female, right?
-They're female, right.
-Yeah, maybe they [the family] are feminists.

-Do you feel that women are expected to be more accessible to others?
-Not just physically, through touching, but also in terms of being available for help and conversation etc.
-I tend to say yes, which means women are more amiable, which is more accessible, so people may come to them for help more naturally?
-So the wording of accessible is more negative, right? It's a negative.
-It is in this question, but not normally.
-Because I personally think baby girls are more easygoing and more adorable than baby boys.
-So it is a human nature?
-Maybe, I like baby girl more, I don't know why. But it's not because I think they are more accessible.
-Well my experience is, because I used to work in a museum, and in museums they have people working in the galleries, and we call them, they provide help to visitors, like point out the say, like a piece of artwork, and they were all girls, so according to my observation, all the museums I’ve ever been too, they're all girls. Sometimes you like to hear a lovely lady tell you, please go that way, don't touch the art work, it's more comfortable than a man with a tie telling you that. It's more comfortable in a museum context.
-Because the man's authority is more scary?
-Probably?
-Even if a man wears a big smile, they are more scary.
-They are not sweet, like a girl or women.
-Well, when we record english teaching books, the clients always want the titles to be the male voice. The instructions are often by the female voice.
-But why the title should be the man?
-Because the title is the title, also, it’s not that important.
-I read a study once that said that people understand meaning from a female voice much more easily. Maybe it's because they're afraid of the authority in a male voice, and so shut it out?


-I realize that I say no more easily to my boss than my peers.
-Actually the same is true for me.
-So why?
-I don't know.
-So actually that's a finding for me, it's weird.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

這是意見留言版! 我真心想要聽到每個人想法及看法,因此,拜托留下你的署名!